OOBE3G34

Just a normal guy.. This is my second attempt on blogging (was intro to it from one of my class in school!) for a start, it will focus more on my exchange trip to Linkopings Universitet, Sweden BUT i really hope to keep this blog alive in the far far future!! Do feel free to drop me any comments.. pointers to improve on blog-skills oso can!

Carpe dium -- SEIZE E DAY!

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Analysis of Activity log..

Oops.. I had forgotten to comment on the activity log after postin them up ydae (As required by my tutor)

here goes..

Qns asked:
"Analyze your information requirements- are there interesting patterns (sources, uses, failures, the match between cost and value, etc) that you can explore further?"

I realised that very often the information i gathered, depends on how i view it.
It can either be because i need it(urgent), or it will just be good to know(not urgent).
Really a matter of perspective.
Say for eg, I would love to know when the next bus would arrive, so that i could predict the time i would reach home. BUT, is this info of high importance or not impt at all?
it depends.. 'cos if I am hungry and want to be home in time for my Mum's cooked dinner, I would need to know the bus arrival timing..
on the other hand, if i had no business to tend to at home, it doesn't matter what time i reach home.. (as long as i'm back before my family is alseep!!)

If you take a careful look at my Sun log, you will realise quite a few entries are of high value.
This is mainly because i was out participating in a little "Amazing Race"-like event organised by my club.. hence every clue to the next destination was of high importance to me and my teamates, especially when e top prize is $200 cash voucher!!!
(sadly though, we ended up 5th..)

I also do not see a relationship btw cost and value of information.
For normal goods/services, usually the higher the value, the more expensive it will cost. However, in my everyday's activities, there are certain decisions/information that may means the world to me, yet they dun even cost a single cent. eg, what modules to take this semester, which girl should i go after, when should i start my exams revision, etc.

Like i mentioned.. i believe it all boils down to one's perspective, one's needs and wants.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home